Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Time Another Women Tried To Sleep With My Husband










I have been with my man, my partner in crime, my best friend for almost 8 years. We have a chaotic but happy little family.
We have definitely had our ups and downs. It doesn't matter what we have been through, we always come out the other side a little better then before.


I trust him in all things. I tell him everything. There is a saying "your only as sick as your secrets"  To me that means honesty is essential to any healthy relationship. Thats why I choose to be open about everything with him. It wasn't always like that for me. I still struggle with opening up to people. With him though I have a hard time not speaking about everything on my mind. He loves me enough to let me be me. (Even when I drive him more then a little crazy) This makes me love him even more.


So when a women started regularly flirting with him, (while he was working on her house) he came and to told me immediately. That's just how we roll. That fact that he tells me, let's me know just how devoted to me he is. As much as this makes me feel better, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me. It does. He loves me and I know this. Having another women texting my man on a daily basis to see how his day was is off limits. That is my job. If he needs support or reassurance it needs to come from me. Having her texting him she had a dream about him, and then waiting hours to see what his reply will be before explaining herself is just wrong (and a little weird if you ask me).

 I have no problem with him having female friends. He has plenty of of them. If they where friends before we were together I welcomed them into our life with open arms. I'm not a jealous person. I do have a problem when one is stepping over boundaries on her side of the fence as well as mine.

That being said, if another women needs support from someone other than her own husband she's not getting it from mine. All of the rest of his days are taken.


 He will not snuggle in bed with her, or send work selfies. Yes. That actually happened. She "jokingly" asked if he wanted to snuggle. Those are things reserved for me, as well as mine are for him. If a women is sending selfies of herself to him with the caption "got to wear some make-up today" while we are working TOGETHER on a job its just straight up disrespectful.

 Look lady he doesn't care if your wearing make up, or if you just had your hair done, or if your crying because your having first world problems like; not being able to pick out a light fixture for your new bathroom he just remodeled. Honestly he only has enough time and energy for one women in his life and that's it. Believe me, he's got his hands full.


Not to mention having this same women private message him on Facebook, because she knows his phones out, which causes me to get email notifications on our shared company email saying she wants to know how his day went and how much she misses him, irritates the shit out of me. Plus it really creeps US out, (in case the utter silence on the other end of those texts isn't obvious).

I thought about how best to deal with this. In any other situation I would have already spoke up. Yet seeing as we have a business aspect involved here, I have decided to let him handle this with his silence. So far the jury is still out if its working or not.

The trust that I have for him is definitely renewed. He could of just kept this to himself. I never would have questioned it.
Thats what makes us a good couple, that we understand each other on almost every level. We both know what its like to be betrayed. We also know we could never do that to each other. There's no way we would have made it this far without the trust we have in each other.

I think sometimes people unintentionally show their true colors, and don't realize their behavior speaks volumes of their character. Especially if you have only known someone a few months and have a unhealthy obsession.

 Healthy boundaries to me, mean you respect that your married. You don't turn to another married man for emotional support. Also if you have to hide what your texting someone else because your spouse might get upset its a good guess you shouldn't be doing it.

For us this just reaffirms our trust in each other. Another learning experience to strengthen our bond. One more bridge to cross, that makes us who we are as a couple. One more reason I'm glad I choose him and he choose me.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment